Introductory courses in Heritage Conservation, aimed a developing the knowledge of ArtisanTrades on Conservation and Restoration. Coming courses are listed on the Training Page.
The Structure of the training:
All Heritage Conservation programmes are structured around three important elements.
- A comprehensive theory session where underpinning knowledge in conservation techniques and the stone industry is addressed to the participants.
- This knowledge is put to practical use on historical buildings so that an understanding is gained of the principles of repair and conservation. The participants are mentored through this process by the experienced trainers.
- A representative from the project addresses the participants detailing the history of the building. This person will outline important historical points about both the building and its previous occupants so the participants gain a real understanding of its historical value and a feel for how the structure was built and maintained throughout its life.
Courses delivered in Brisbane or Western Australia may be subject to funding through the CITB (South Australia) or BITF (Western Australia). Eligibility requirements are that participants are working in the construction industry.
For owners of old homes and listed properties, ABCT provides training, practical studies and technical advice.
Professionals and Builders
For professionals and Builders who are involved in the conservation and restoration of historical buildings. Aimed at architects, surveyors, engineers, planners, builders, heritage advisors, garage door repairs and craftspeople.
Core Subjects delivered:
- Architectural Stonemasonry (Conservation and Restoration)
- Timber Conservation
- Solid Rendering
- Lath & Plaster
- Lime Washing and Breathable Paints
- Lime Mortar Technology
- Heritage Brickwork
- Traditional Roofing
- Lead Dressing
- Dry Stone Walling
- Garage Door Repairs Brisbane
Visit our website.