In addition to running our own series of courses and events the ABCT Academy also provides tailor-made 1 and 2 day courses for outside organisations. Typically, these have covered a number of introductory conservation topics but they can also include practical elements such as lime mortar, stone conservation and other artisan subjects.
We have recently run a series of courses with South Australian and New South Wales Councils in various locations, including remote and regional areas. A few examples of course programmes are available below to give you an idea of the type of event that we can provide.
- A 1-day Introduction to Building Conservation course for Councils.
- A 2-day Homeowners’ Introduction to the Repair of Historical buildings course for City of Onkaparinga, Alexandrina Council, the Mid-Murray Council and Central Darling Shire Council.
- A Heritage Conservation course for Friends of the Simpson Desert, Friends of Burra Parks and Mount Horrocks Historical Society, Friends of Gawler Ranges National Park.
- A Stone carving course for Doorways to Construction (D2C), Kapunda High School, SA
- Stonemasonry D2C Project for the Ernabella Anangu School, South Australia
If you would like to discuss the possibility of arranging a course or event for your local organisation or interest group, please contact ABCT on email@example.com If you can provide us with answers to the questions below that will help us respond to your request promptly.
- What topics would you like to see covered in your event?
- What level of audience will your course aimed at i.e. professionals, craftspeople, amateurs etc.?
- Do you have a date in mind or an idea of when you are aiming to hold your event?
- What length of course do you have in mind for your event i.e. a full day/an evening etc?
- Where in the country will your course be held?
- What resources will you provide for the event i.e. venue, catering, IT equipment etc.?
- What is your budget for your event?